Saturday, August 21, 2010

The base system.

The basic parts of the system:

  1. 3 - 100 watt solar panels.
  2. 2 - L-16 380 Ah batteries.
  3. 1 - 20 amp Solarix PRS 2020 Charge controller
  4. 1 - Honda 2000i generator
  5. 300 watt inverter (MSW)
  6. 1750 watt inverter (MSW)
The batteries, solar panels and the charge controller were purchased at a local solar supply company. Advance Power in Calpella, CA. We paid $1.00 per watt for the solar panels and $220.00 for each of the 2 batteries.

Both of the inverters are Go Power inverters.

The 300 watt modified sine wave inverter works (or worked) very well. I could use a Kill-a-Watt to measure my usage with it. However the fan is very loud, so loud that I disabled it.

The GP1750 does not work as well, and is likely to get returned. It will not work with the Kill-a-Watt and will on power my 1/2 hp jet pump part of the time. It also makes all the laptop transformers hum like mad.

The inverters where bought at Amazon.

I blew the fuse and one of the transistors on the 300 watt inverter using it to power the igniters on our small gas stove. I plan to repair it. I can't return it as I had modified it so that I could turn on a off the fan.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post.
    I am glad to read your post.
    Thank for sharing, Keep it up writing !

    Solar off grid inverters

    ReplyDelete